The Star Atlas Social Campaign “Never Alone” has launched! In this guide, we will go over everything you need to know to get going and (hopefully) make the right choices.
“This is a neuro scanner, and it will show you the progress on recovering the Punaab’s memories. As you can see now, there is barely any progress, but as you expose him to different environments and tasks, hopefully, you will see the memory gauge filling up to the point where major events of his past will return to him.”An anonymous Ustur Doctor
On May 10th, the team kicked things off stealthily by sharing the background story for the event. In this story, the two core ingredients for the campaign were introduced:
- The Saand Punaab character, how you (the adventurer in the story) two met, and your objective (return his memory)
- The Council of Peace (CoP) changing its stance from passive to active/aggressive regarding the ECOS and Jorvik. Where previously, they allowed these minor (pirate) factions to exist outside of the Safe/Secure Zone without any interference from the CoP, after a bunch of brutal incursions, this has now come to an end. The Council of Peace is going to war!
The story combines the two threads, by suggesting that you can contribute to both objectives in one go. By helping the Council wage war on the pirate factions, and bringing Saand while doing so, the events you two will experience may jog his memory and allow him to recover some of his memories.
On May 11th, the team followed up by launching the actual campaign, which ties directly into this lore.
The Campaign is run through an online engagement tool called Zealy (formerly known as Crew3). The team defined a whole bunch of quests in Zealy, and when you go there, you will simply see a mission dashboard, containing those quests, waiting for you to engage with them. Most of these you can easily complete through links in the quests or by providing an answer to a question (both lore & personal info like Twitter profile & wallet). However, there are also quests that require you to use the supplied wallet to engage with other applications the team will launch this year. For this first Mission, the focus lies on Escape Velocity!
Never Alone consist of 4 chapters, or missions. Each mission will have its own quests and lore and is crafted around a product the Star Atlas will launch this year. This does not mean that all the quests for that mission will be solely focused on that product, there will be plenty of more general quests introduced with each mission.
Each mission consists of a number of (chains of ) quests. In order to complete any of them, you will first have to have completed prerequisite quests. Mission 1 starts with a single quest in the Intro category that has to be completed before other quests and other categories become available.
Each quest comes with a small snippet of lore to describe what is happening. Completing a quest requires you to answer a multiple-choice question, an open question (which will trigger a review), a social-media action (Twitter), or a Discord action (claiming role). The first mission, another mechanic is moving ships around in Escape Velocity.
Straight-up multiple-choice quiz questions and social media engagement (like/RT) will be verified on the spot. However, when it comes to open-ended questions (like your Solana wallet – the very first quest), or posting specific content on Twitter/YouTube, your answer will need to be reviewed by a member of the team. This may take a while, so best to plan for that.
The quests are divided into multiple categories, each one containing one or several quest chains. For the first mission, these are:
- Mission 1 – Escape Velocity
The very first mission, Scraps & Spoils, launched on May 11th, and will run for a total of 60 days. This means the last day should be July 10th. You can check the time remaining on the official web page.
Interestingly, you will still be able to complete quests after Mission 1 has officially ended. However, the official FAQ article does caution that you won’t be able to acquire Tier 3 memories anymore, because some of the quests are time sensitive, and will have come to an end. Knowing Escape Velocity will only have a limited run before it goes offline, this is likely what the entry is referring to.
Besides general quests, this mission comes with intro quests to set everything up and mission-specific quests focused on Escape Velocity.
In addition to the quests that you can already find on Zealy (list below), there will also be quests introduced as the campaign progresses. This means that you won’t have to complete all quests to earn the Memory Revelation for this mission!
Mission 1: Scraps & Spoils
Below you can find a list of the five different categories and their quests. As more quests are introduced along the way, we’ll make sure to update this overview!
- Getting Started – Insert your Solana wallet address!1 – Provide your Solana wallet/account (1XP)
- A Visit to the SSRD [Step 1] – Join Star Atlas Discord (100XP)
- A Visit to the SSRD [Step 2]1 – Add country to profile (100XP)
- Influence and Influencers – Follow @StarAtlas on Twitter (100XP)
- Spreading Awareness – Retweet & like the Twitter announcement (100XP)
- A Difficult Choice1 – Choose a faction (100XP)
- The Power of Propaganda1 – Subscribe to Youtube (100XP)
- The Intern – Follow the community account (100XP)
Mission 1 – Escape Velocity 👁️
- Exploring the Medium Zone [Step 1] – Warp a ship 75 times (236XP)
- Exploring the Medium Zone [Step 2] – Warp a ship 150 times (613XP)
- Exploring the Medium Zone [Step 3] – Warp a ship 300 times (875XP)
- Searching for Treasures [Step 1] – Warp at least once in EV for 10 days (236XP)
- Searching for Treasures [Step 2] – Warp at least once in EV for 20 days (613XP)
- Searching for Treasures [Step 3] – Warp at least once in EV for 30 days (875XP)
- Becoming Famous in Galia [Step 1]1 – Write a Twitter thread about Star Atlas and the Never Alone Campaign (435XP)
- Becoming Famous in Galia [Step 2]1 – Create a YouTube/TikTok video/short, or Instagram reel (1235XP)
- Becoming Famous in Galia [Step 3]1 – Create a 30-60 second video about what Star Atlas means to you (1230XP)
- Raise the Banner1 – Update your Twitter profile to show the Never Alone Banner (100XP)
- Keeping Up With The Galactic Affairs1 – Subscribe to Star Atlas & supply your email address (100XP)
- The Scriptorium of Lumikir [Step 1]1 – Subscribe to Star Atlas’ Medium account & supply your email address (100XP)
- Honest Work1 – Enlist a Claim Stake in Faction Claims (138XP)
- A Drink and a Conversation2 – Attend Atlas Brew #64 (May 24th) and provide the secret passcode shared there (138XP)
- Attending a Townhall [Step 1]2 – Attend the Townhall (May 26th) and provide the secret passcode shared there (138XP)
Future (as of yet, unnamed) quests in this category:
- Create a Star Atlas meme1
- Create a faction meme1
- Take a Showroom picture & tweet it1
- Echoes of Convergence – CORE Ep. 5 Quiz [Step 1] – Answer CORE Ep. 5 MC question (46XP)
- Echoes of Convergence – CORE Ep. 5 Quiz [Step 2] – Answer CORE Ep. 5 MC question (46XP)
- Echoes of Convergence – CORE Ep. 5 Quiz [Step 3] – Answer CORE Ep. 5 MC question (46XP)
- Echoes of Convergence – CORE Ep. 6 Quiz [Step 4] – Answer CORE Ep. 6 MC question (46XP)
- Echoes of Convergence – CORE Ep. 6 Quiz [Step 5] – Answer CORE Ep. 6 MC question (46XP)
- Echoes of Convergence – CORE Ep. 6 Quiz [Step 6] – Answer CORE Ep. 6 MC question (46XP)
- The SSRD Test [Step 1] – Answer a lore question about the Galia Expanse (46XP)
- The SSRD Test [Step 2] – Answer a lore question about the Galia Expanse (46XP)
- The SSRD Test [Step 3] – Answer a lore question about the Galia Expanse (46XP)
- The SSRD Test [Step 4] – Answer a lore question about the Galia Expanse (see Atlas Star #18) (46XP)
- The SSRD Test [Step 5] – Answer a lore question about the Galia Expanse (see Atlas Star #18) (46XP)
- The SSRD Test [Step 6] – Answer a product release question (see Atlas Star #18) (46XP)
Future (as of yet, unnamed) quests in this category:
- Submit the secret code found in videos from well-known influencers
1 requires review by the team
2 time-limited quest; introduced after the launch of the Never Alone campaign
Once you have gathered enough XP points, you will be able to redeem these for Memories The more XP, the higher the tier of this Memory.
Below is an overview of the various tiers and the amount of XP needed to acquire them:
- Memory Glimpse: 5000 XP
- Memory Fragment: 6250 XP
- Memory Revelation: 7500 XP
When you accumulate 5000 XP, you can finish the “Recover a Memory Glimpse” quest. You will need to supply the wallet where you want to receive the SFT.
Next, when you hit 6250 XP, you can complete the “Recover a Memory Fragment, and so on. Completing all three quests (meaning you accumulated at least 7500 XP) will deliver you all three SFTs into your wallet.
To make this ultra clear: You can get all three Memory SFTs! It’s not a single one that somehow gets upgraded, it’s really three different assets. This is important when looking at the Utility (or shall we say: Loot!) next.
Important: You will be able to accumulate 10000 XP in Mission 1, which means you won’t have to finish each and every quest!
The Memories you unlock (acquire) can be used in one of three ways:
- You can sell them on the Galactic Marketplace, to people who want to use them for the other two options:
- You can redeem a memory for Mission-specific rewards
- You can collect a set of three same-tier memories and redeem the set to receive an asset bundle
This last option also contributes points to your DAC, enabling them to potentially win some awesome guild-specific loot for their treasury!
Let’s dive deeper into the last two options!
Mission Specific Rewards
There are 4 missions, or story arcs, in the Never Alone campaign, and each one will offer you interesting rewards in exchange for the memories you manage to collect. Each individual memory can be exchanged for a specific piece of loot, offered for that specific mission.
For Mission 1, you can exchange the memories for the following rewards:
- Memory Glimpse: Exclusive character skin
- Memory Fragment: VZUS solos (XXS ship)
- Memory Revelation: Exclusive VZUS solos skin
When you redeem a memory, that memory is burned, meaning you can only use them once. For Mission 2, 3, and 4, the team will introduce new rewards!
Note: You will only be able to exchange memories for loot after the end of the second mission! At that point, there will be a web page available where you can exchange these memories.
Saand’s Story Rewards
An alternate route you can take is trying to earn memories in at least 3 of the 4 missions. When you gather, and hold 3 memories of the same tier (i.e. all three are either Glimpses, Fragments, or Revelations) until the end of the year, you can instead exchange such sets for a complete Saand Story digital asset bundle on the Never Alone Campaign page, effectively allowing you to complete the main quest.
The rewards for these sets are:
- Glimpses of a Forgotten Life
Hand in 3 Memory Glimpses to receive:
– Fimbul ECOS Unibomba (XXS ship)
– Ship Component Upgrade Bundle (Tier 0 -> Tier 1)
– Glimpses of a Forgotten Life title (account bound)
- Fragments of a Forgotten Life
Hand in 3 Memory Fragments to receive:
– Calico Maxhog (XS ship)
– Ship Component Upgrade Bundle (Tier 0 -> Tier 1)
– Foundation Room access (account bound)
– Fragments of a Forgotten Life title (account bound)
- Revelations of a Forgotten Life
Hand in 3 Memory Revelations to receive:
– Ogrika Niruch (XS ship)
– Ship Component Upgrade Bundle (Tier 0 -> Tier 2)
– Saand Crewmember
– Foundation Room access (account bound)
– Revelations of a Forgotten Life title (account bound)
Ship Component Upgrade Bundle
The Ship Component Upgrade Bundles listed above will each come with an upgrade to three main components of your ships:
These bundles will only be usable on ships of the same size as the one you are receiving in the asset bundle. As an example, you can apply the Glimpses of a Forgotten Life only to an XXS ship. By doing so, the three components will be upgraded from Tier 0 (the default) to Tier 1.
Support your DAC
There is one more important aspect to saving your Memories until the end of the year. By exchanging a set of three same-tier memories, you can actually help out your DAC. Let’s dive into that next!
There is a whole second layer to this Campaign, and that focuses exclusively on Decentralized Autonomous Corporations, or DACs (more widely known as guilds). Every DAC member that redeems 3 memories of the same tier at the end of the year, will also contribute points to their DAC. The more points a DAC gets, the higher their score and the better their chance to win some reward(s) for their guild.
Each tier of memories redeemed is worth a different amount of points. If you redeem multiple, then you will get multiple asset bundles (see previous section), and your DAC will accumulate more points.
Here is the overview of the points each tier is worth:
- If you handed in 3 Memory Glimpses – 10 points
- If you handed in 3 Memory Fragments – 15 points
- If you handed in 3 Memory Revelations – 25 points
If you complete all quests and keep all your Memories until the end, you can contribute a whopping 50 points to your DAC (and get all three asset bundles)!
There will be several pools of DACs, assuring smaller DACs also have a chance to bring home some loot!
The Loot available to DACs is impressive. The grand prize will be a Tier 5 Central Space Station Land/Hab ($1.7 million VWAP – Winner decides which Faction they want it to be located in). The other prizes are listed in the infographic below:
The official Medium article states:
“In this journey, you will participate in an experiment on the value of memories and information, deciding what actually holds value for you.”
True words! This whole campaign is, among other things, a big experiment where we will see how people value the various reward options. Will they sell the memories, will they go for the loot at hand, or will they accumulate and finish the main quest, receiving the Saand’s Story digital asset bundle?
And perhaps on top of that all: How strong of a bond do people have with their DACs? Will people save up their memories to aid their DAC in the final competition? Or will they instead solely focus on their more direct, and immediate return on investment?
It will be interesting to watch, for sure!
There has been some discussion concerning which wallet to use. Though you will need to submit/use a wallet that is registered with a faction, you will also need to (if you choose to) perform 300 moves in Escape Velocity. Clearly, that would go a lot better with SolFlare’s Burner wallet option.
If you used a Ledger to register with a faction and stake your assets (which would be a super smart idea!) then this “problem” is exacerbated quite a bit. Approving 300 moves (forgoing scans) with a Ledger will be very time-consuming!
Fortunately, it looks like there will be a way to change wallets after the first Mission. You may have to move your Claim Stake to your burner (temporarily, please get it out after!), but that should allow you to complete most (if not all) of the quests!
We will update this guide as more quests become available, and the missions progress. Good luck, and go help Saand get his memories back!
“This is the beginning of a new legend in the Galaxy! Our very first mission shall henceforth be named Scraps and Spoils! Come, partner! We will get rich and discover the secrets of my past! To the Spaceship!”Saand, the Punaab