Santi and Michael are hosting this very last Townhall of the year!
The year 2022 had ups and downs. Today SCORE is celebrating its 1-year-old anniversary!
To show appreciation to the community for sticking with the team through everything and to celebrate SCORE’s birthday, the team is dropping 3 different Pearce X4 skins later today. The skins you’ll receive are based on the number of days you have enlisted ships in Faction Fleet:
- 7+ Days enlisted: Suntiger Pearce X4 Skin
- 150+ Days enlisted: RedX-IV Pearce X4 Skin
- 300+ Days enlisted: Blue Tigu Pearce X4 Skin
Star Atlas has won the Best Graphics prize in the PolkastarterGG Game3 Awards!
Michael did a quick run-through of the highlights of 2022 for the team:
- January: Feature reveal of Faction aligned companies
- February: Phase 2 of GAO
- March: Won site of the year award for staratlas.com
- March: Published the first weekly edition of the Roadmap Scan
- April: Collab with Sandbox
- May: Participated in the Solana Miami event & Hacker House
- June: First-ever edition of the COPA festival
- June: First-ever quarterly State of the Economy Report
- July: First 426Live event – Big product launches: Star Atlas DAO platform, POLIS Locker, Star Path referral system, Galactic Marketplace V2
- September: AI-generated art contest
- September: Second 426Live event – Showroom R1, SCREAM Hanger Viewer, F-Kit (Foundation SDK), ATLAS Locker, Sustainable Governance paper
- October: Another collaboration with Sandbox
- November: bittersweet moment; High of the year: Breakpoint (games day, early access R2, keynote), kicked off Star Atlas CORE and rolled out a recovery plan: Golden Era – Start Sequence
- December: Star Sequence continues with land sales, Winter break on the 21st (back on the 3rd),
Special mentions made by Michael along the way:
- Quimeracon in Madrid, Santi was there, close to 100 Star Atlas enthusiasts in real life, very professional!
- Shout out to Funcracker for organizing a community event where the team could meet people in person.
Some other observations made by Michael:
- 76% of the POLIS locked is locked for 5 years
- Updates coming to Star Path referral system (will be repositioned)
- Orderbook improvements have rolled out (your orders are highlighted and can be canceled
- The DAO team + Portal team have worked together to create a unified wallet connect experience
- MoonPay + Jupiter will be integrated into the wallet
- Claim Stake functionality integration into SCORE – Will come in January (will emit R4)
- DAC Platform (milt-sig wallet, a recruiting platform, promote guild, member management) – are in the backlog and will get higher priority in Q1. Will be aligned along with the main net release of SAGE
- DAO – Dark theme live; Allows for additional themes as well (future)
- DAO Treasury View – Soon to come: Next week; Income statement of various revenue streams & balances
- Q1: Work through all governance functionality: forum for conversation
Big release today: The SAGE Game Manual (Big shout-out to Chip & Mo!)
SAGE is absolutely leading-edge, pioneering, on-chain game design.
People will be able to build 3rd party services for the 6 programs that power SAGE on-chain.
The team is now targeting February for the devnet launch. However, it will likely be limited and might not contain all the announced functionality.
Big release today: R2 will be released on the Epic Game Store right after the Joni Awards wrap-up!
Michael mentioned some of the things we can expect from this release:
- Character selections & Skin selection
- Two different Time trial courses
- Dogfighting arena (PvE)
- Multiplayer support is there, but still very buggy.
Good to know: Multiplayer sessions are Peer-2-per hosted experiences (no servers, players are hosting)
The upcoming R2.1 will bring:
- Upgrade to Unreal Engine 5.1 (allows for larger maps)
- Adding the train (lobby of sorts). The first arrival in the Showroom will then drop you at the Train station.
- Group Chat & Proximity Voice Chat
- A possibility that Ground racing may be added
Major thank you to the community for being with us through the thick and thin [of this year]!