DAO – Governance
This has the highest priority!
They discovered an issue with determining vote weight:
- People tend to stake multiple times
- People will want to re-stake their POLIS emissions back into the contract
- Knowing people will stake multiple times, the team anticipated difficulties with accurately measuring vote weight. So they are now implementing changes, which will lead to a modest delay.
Target date: end of February
There is also a team focussed on global polish.
This is a new division, and their effort will be perpetually ongoing.
Primarily: cleaning up tech debt and taking into account user feedback
Kicked off the development of their own market program.
More intuitive user interface, more gamer-centric approach (think in-game auction houses)
Target date: Q2 2022
Major project and subdivided into 3 squads:
- mining & extraction
- crafting & materials
- (new!) space exploration feature (using ships in different ways than just putting them into SCORE)
Target date: July
A lot of the visuals they shared and will be sharing are subject to change!
4 phases (David) – dev process flow
- discovery: talk about what the project is, what it should be doing
- exploration: wireframes, prototyping
- validation: use prototypes and community feedback to help the team understand how we use those features
Target dates have been removed from the roadmap.
going forward: Inform on the phase the project is in. Before they release any dates, follow the process of the dev-workflow and then share the confirmed date.
150 employees in-house
Product Announcements (Michael)
- First ship sale on Thursday, February 3rd – A Medium article introducing the ship will be available Tuesday, February 1st.
- entry-level ship
- 51 models will be released over 2022
- includes 3 titans
- release schedule this year is a bit more consistent: every week/two weeks will see a new ship release
- Foundation SDK – allows other game devs to integrate NFT’s and blockchain programs into their UE5 games
- You will be able to connect your wallet from inside the showroom
- The ship summoning process is now functional on all landing pads in the showroom
- Character debug system is live (height)
- Writers room
- 4 prominent writers
- The team will focus this year on setting up a broad multimedia campaign; This is not just related to game-based content, instead, the team has projects ongoing that are outside of this realm. Audio, visuals, and written form projects have been defined.
- You are not allowed to use SA assets in any commercial activities, including sales of NFT’s.
- DAC registration is awaiting some more discovery before the team decides what to include. Afterward, more information will be shared with the community.
- Kristian (IA founder) asks Michael for help with reaching out to governments to bring metaverse opportunities to the masses (e.g. education & employment). Michael is supportive of this.